July 2020 Issue
Issue 1 – Volume 1
Table of contents
- What’s the Issue?
- Sustainable fashion
- Main Article
- Drawing Prompt
What’s the Issue?
Black Lives Matter
2020 has been a rough year especially with coronavirus and the protests. It’s a lot to handle, and you probably are feeling overwhelmed by everything that’s happened, so the writers of S&A Magazine are here to help! On our home page, there is a bar on the top that says ‘We believe that black lives matter’ click on it and you will see a whole list of things you can do to help! Here at S&A Magazine, we believe that every life matters and it is vital to spread awareness about this ongoing issue. It may feel like you can’t do much, but after all, in the end, the little things are what makes the biggest impact.
Customizable Fist Instructions
- Draw out your fist. You can either freehand it like I did, or print out the image below and trace it.
- Cut it out.
- Customize it! This is the fun part. You can make your hand rainbow colors, add a bracelet, tattoo, etc.
- Outline it with a sharpie. This will help clean up the paint job.
- Tape it to your window, so people can see it.
- Encourage your family and friends to make their own fists to support the Black Lives Matter Movement.
An Outfit Styled with Madewell
Check out sustainable fashions that aren’t just cool, but also help the environment!
Although this dress is expensive, it is worth the buy. It is made from sustainable materials and is also made with all-natural dyes https://www.madewell.com
You can also find organic t-shirts without designs at www.wearpact.com
This Month’s Drawing Prompt
Pick three different colors and use them to fill a page with doodles! It doesn’t have to look perfect, it just has to be fun! You can send us a picture of your drawing! Check out the contact page on our website for more instructions.
Staying Calm and Kind in Quarantine
In the midst of a pandemic and protests across the nation, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. You are not alone in feeling frustrated, anxious, and confused. While it is important to acknowledge these emotions, it is equally as important to be kind and calm. This article explains two different ways to stay positive during all that is going on.
- Take a moment to pause and accept
When you start to feel anxious and worried about what is going on in the world, first realize that you are strong. Then, take a step back and do something that makes you happy. Whether it be meditation, going outside, or talking to a friend. Relax for however long you need to until you feel calm again.
2. Share kindness across your community
One of the best ways to feel calm and kind is by helping others feel calm and kind. By sharing love and support to your friends and family online, you can make a difference. You can send your friend a funny picture, or just call a family member to see how they are doing. Just talking to a loved one can make both of your days a little brighter.
Remember that we will eventually get past these difficult times and make sure to stay calm and kind during them.
These watermelon popsicles are a delicious summer treat! They are easy to make and you only need 3 ingredients.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups fresh, smashed watermelon
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 8 small paper cups (plastic cups might crack in the freezer)
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Place all 8 paper cups on a counter and put 1/2 cup of water in each cup.
- Divide the smashed watermelon between the cups. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to each cup. Stir well.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, take the Popsicles out of the freezer and place 1 popsicle stick in the middle of each cup. Place back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Remove popsicles from the freezer.